Wednesday, May 14, 2014

'Star Wars: Episode VII': Carrie Fisher Lost 40 Pounds to Play Princess Lei, Harrison Ford to Reprise Hans Solo

Carrie Fisher is all set to reprise her role as Princess Lei in "Star Wars: Episode VII" but this time, the actress may have a entirely different look. Fisher's mother and screen legend Debbie Reynolds has revealed that Fisher has lost an immense amount of weight for the role.

"She's very excited about it... she's been on a diet ever since, because you know they have to be up to par, so she looks terrific, she's lost 40 pounds." Reynolds told Extra.

Reynolds' revelation gives a little hint on how will Fisher look in the film.

Other actors who will reprise their roles include Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford. Hamill will play the character of Luke Skywalker, where as Ford will return as Han Solo.

Though Fisher is prepping up for the role and seems to be putting all her energy into attaining a new look, Ford may not be that excited. The actor had suggested a while back that there is not much left in store for his character.

"The breadth of his story utility was never extensive," Ford said on his Star Wars character to Entertainment Weekly. "He was the foil between the other more compelling elements of the film, between the sage old warrior and the young hero. There's not much breadth of character to explore what we got out of him."

Ford's character Solo has been compared to Indiana Jones on several occasions. However, the actor feels Solo is not that exciting a character as Jones.

"He's got a good heart, but I think he's certainly a much less interesting character than Indiana Jones," Ford had said.

"Star Wars: Episode VII" is set to hit theaters on 18 December 2015. The film is directed by J.J. Abrams, and the screenplay is written by Abrams, George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan.

Source;
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/star-wars-episode-vii-carrie-fisher-lost-40-pounds-play-princess-lei-harrison-ford-reprise-600132

‘They asked me but it just would have bored me’: Star Wars actor Denis Lawson turns down Episode 7 role

Denis Lawson, aka, Wedge Antilles
Believe it or not, but not everyone is excited about the new Star Wars movie - one of the actors from the original trilogy has said no to appearing in Episode 7.

Actor Denis Lawson – who played X-Wing fighter pilot Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy – revealed he turned down an offer to reprise his role in JJ Abrams’s hotly-anticipated sequel.
‘I’m not going to do that,’ Lawson told The Courier. ‘They asked me but it just would have bored me.’

Lawson – who is uncle to prequel trilogy star Ewan McGregor – has previously said he would only be interested in a role that was larger than his original appearances.

The actor’s career has mainly focused on television, including stints on Holby City and Parade’s End.
Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker are confirmed to be returning to Disney’s sci-fi franchise, along with several newcomers including Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver and Andy Serkis.

Star Wars: Episode 7 will open worldwide on December 18 2015.

Source;
http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/13/they-asked-me-but-it-just-would-have-bored-me-star-wars-actor-denis-lawson-turns-down-episode-7-role-4726429/

Bloody Disgusting: Is Ridley Scott Off ‘Prometheus 2′?

by Evan Dickson of www.bloody-disgusting.com

Last year 20th Century Fox hired Jack Paglen to write a script for Prometheus 2. Back in March of this year they brought Michael Green (who just wrote the new Blade Runner for Ridley Scott and Warner Bros) on to rewrite it. Despite the hopeful Blade Runner 2 association and some encouraging comments from the director himself, the involvement of Ridley Scott in all of this has been something of a premature foregone conclusion. I mean, he’ll be involved somehow. But will he actually direct the thing? We haven’t really gotten a confirmation on this one way or another.

The Hollywood Reporter just put up a story a few moments ago that has Scott in talks to direct The Martian, another space epic, for Fox. Matt Damon is set to star. And you kind of get the sense that this thing is going to happen sooner rather than later because its initial director, Drew Goddard (The Cabin In The Woods), “left the project due to his directing commitments for Sony’s Sinister Six, the planned Spider-Man spin-off.” It kind of sounds like a timing issue and Scott could be on this as soon as he finishes up post on Exodus.

Which doesn’t leave a lot of time for Prometheus 2 (it’s possible that Fox is okay sitting on P2 for another year or two, but that doesn’t really gel with the renewed urgency the production seems to have). It would also mean two back to back sci-fi/space movies, which might be more than Scott is interested in taking on (he famously didn’t come back to the Alien franchise for quite some time because he wanted to do something different).

Last week Michael Fassbender seemed more bullish than usual on Prometheus 2‘s prospects (though, to be fair, he still didn’t know when it was happening), which gives some creedence to the studio’s enthusiasm for the project.

Right now this is all just a series of questions. I don’t have any more info than what I’m laying out here. But it’s interesting to ponder the possibility of Scott guiding the franchise as a producer rather than a director. If The Martian is shifting directors in and out because of scheduling, it would seem that it’s at least possible that this project takes first position over Prometheus 2. Would Fox wait another couple of years for a sequel? And is Scott even still interested?

Source;
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3293771/ridley-scott-prometheus-2/