Monday, November 18, 2013

New Terminator 5 Casting Rumor Suggests Tom Hardy will Battle Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Getting excited for Terminator 5? So are we, and the news / rumors regarding the fifth Terminator's casting situation just keep getting better and better. In addition to some potentially terrific casting news, we also learn more of T5's plot, and the rolw to-be-played by action movie legend, Arnold Schwarzenegger! Read on for the details!

Okay, to start things off, THR recently leaked some info regarding a potential new actor, who will reprise the role of the iconic character, John Connor and his name is Tom Hardy. Yes, the Bane of Batman's existence, and the new Road Warrior in Mad Max: Fury Road, is potentially in talks to play John Connor in Terminator 5 - how awesome! Tom Hardy has proven himself to be formidable talent, and brings an immense pressence to the screen - something we're in dire need of since Terminator: Salvation.

However, although THR mentions that currently no negotiations have taken place between Hardy and Paramount for the role, sources tell them that director Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) has him on his "wish list" - and we don't blame him!

Following up with this excitinr rumor is a potential plot leak, where the role of Arnold Schwarzenegger is revealed. According again to THR, Schwarzenegger will be portraying the role of a 'protector' Terminator, sent back in time to guard John Connor's mother, Sarah Connor, who will potentially be played by Margot Robbie (Game of Thrones).

THR reports:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back as a Terminator robot in a time-spanning story that sees him tasked to protect Sarah Connor as she grows up.

But John Connor is also back and sources say Taylor's wish list starts with Tom Hardy(Christopher Nolan's memorable Bane in The Dark Knight Rises), although at this stage not even a meeting has taken place."

So far, the casting call and plot rumors for Terminator 5 are sounding great. It's important to note that currently, T5 is set to be a continuation of the previous films, but with a new set of characters (minus Schwarzenegger of course).

As we await more news on the development on Terminator 5, be sure to like our Terminator 5 News Facebook page and follow our T5 Twitter account for the latest updates!

Source;
http://www.scified.com/news/1276

Legendary Pictures Godzilla WILL Have Atomic Breath

Urban Collector just can't keep a secret it seems. CosmicBookMovieNews caught the toy manufacturer posting a detail of their upcoming Godzilla figures and noticed this:
 
"Godzilla 2014 Movie Deluxe Attack & Roar Action Figure Asst is an Urban Collector pre-order. With collector-level detailing, this large scale figure brings the new Godzilla to life as he blasts his powerful atomic breath and lets out his iconic roar! Figure measuresapproximately 10' tall, and features authentic sounds and 'atomic breath' action. Openbox packaging."
Not soon after, Urban Collector took down the information. This is the second bit of news that Urban Collector has let slip. The first one, was the name of one of the kaiju Godzilla will take on in the movie is called Muto.

The atomic breath of Godzilla is a signature attack of the King of the Monsters, though it was absence in the first US attempt of Godzilla in 1998 (though it did appear on the cartoon, which was hundred times better than the actual movie). Blue or red it appears Legendary Pictures is making sure not to retread any of the mistakes of it's US predecessor.

Source;
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/125009-legendary-pictures-godzilla-will-have-atomic-breath.html

Prometheus sequel script ready to go, says Ridley Scott

Concept Art
The screenplay for Ridley Scott’s sequel to science fiction thriller Prometheus has been completed, the British film-maker has told Empire magazine.

Scott, 75, said the script by Jack Paglen was finished and described his return to science fiction on the 2012 film as a “great experience”. “Prometheus 2 is written,” he said. “I have already got the next two films ready to go. That will be 2014, 2015.”
“I thought I’d left science-fiction for too long, that I had better climb back in. Prometheus was a great experience for me. Chasing number two, we can start evolving the grand idea.”
Prometheus, which starred Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba, centred on the human crew of a spaceship sent to investigate a distant planet where the answers to mankind’s origins may lie hidden. The film, written by Lost’s Damon Lindelof, is famous for answering almost none of the questions it initially posed and culminating with an open-ended finale which left plenty of room for a sequel. Complicating matters is the fact that the film exists within the same universe as Scott’s classic 1979 space slasher flick Alien.
Paglen is the writer of the the upcoming sci-fi thriller Transcendence. Scott’s next film is likely to be Moses tale Exodus, starring Christian Bale, Aaron Paul, Sigourney Weaver, Joel Edgerton and Ben Kingsley. His 2015 project could be either Prometheus 2 or (more likely) the previously announced The Forever War, yet another sci-fi project based on the 1974 Joe Halderon novel about a soldier who returns home from space to find his now-unrecognisable home planet has advanced many years into the future. Scott has also touted a big screen take on Aldous Huxley’s classic dystopian novel Brave New World, though there has been little news about the project since 2008. He is still said to be planning a sequel to his iconic 1982 cold-hearted future vision, Blade Runner.
Michael Fassbender, who played android David in Prometheus, described the slow gestation process for the sequel as a positive thing. “You know, it takes time,” he said. “I don’t want them to rush it. I mean the reason that Pixar movies are so amazing is because they spend years throwing it out the window, re-jigging it, coming up with an idea, breaking it down, starting again, you know.
“So to make it correctly, I think it’s actually very encouraging. Because a lot of the times they’re like ‘we made some money let’s jump on the back of this. We wanna make more money again as soon as possible. [But] it’s nice to actually have a little bit of time to develop it.”

Source;
http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/prometheus-sequel-script-ready-to-go-says-ridley-scott-1.1250567

R2-D2 is centre of attention in brand new Star Wars VII production shot

Sneak peak: Producers Bad Robot tweeted this first production shot from Star Wars episode VII
A brand new snap from the forthcoming Star Wars Episode VII film has been posted on Twitter.
Bad Robot Productions, the company fronted by film director J.J. Abrams and producer Bryan Burk, tweeted the picture - to the excitement of Star Wars fans everywhere.

It's safe to say that cheeky droid R2-D2 will be featuring in the sci-fi follow-up, as he was right in the middle of the action in the photo.

The team captioned the picture: "Hi from the workshop!"

Earlier this week, Disney boss Bob Iger confirmed that the film is currently six months behind the scheduled release - which is now December 2015.

Production will begin filming at the beginning of 2014 at Pinewood Studios, while open casting sessions are currently being held across the country.

The space adventure film is being directed by J.J. Abrams, who is also co-scripting the flick.

Last week also saw the most despised Star Wars character meet an untimely death in a viral YouTube video - as Jar Jar Binks was washed over the edge of a waterfall.

Unluckily for us, the clip was merely an edited version of a deleted scene from Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace...


Source;
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-7-set-picture-2795370

Samuel L. Jackson Says ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′ Director J.J. Abrams Hasn’t Contacted Mark Hamill


‘Star Wars: Episode 7‘ has been rumoring the return of original cast members since the project was announced, but as the film is taking a new direction now that J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan have taken over scripting duties, it’s possible that the original cast may no longer have a role in the production. Former Jedi Samuel L. Jackson has spoken to Mark Hamill about returning as Luke Skywalker, and revealed that Hamill hasn’t spoken to Abrams.

This happened on ‘The Late Show with David Letterman‘ (a clip we were alerted to by Jedi News) where Jackson confirmed he has no involvement in the new ‘Star Wars,’ that Hamill hasn’t heard from Abrams, and that Ewan McGregor — who played a young Obi-Wan Kenobi — hasn’t been contacted either. At least not yet.

Early word suggested that Hamill’s role was confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy, the new producer on the series, and there were rumors that he was already in training to come back, while the actor has previously speculated about his role. Of course, getting Mark Hamill to return and making sure he’s available might not be on the highest of priorities for Abrams and company as they’ve obviously had a dramatic course change with the direction of the first episode of the new trilogy and all word is that they’re going to have to start moving forward quickly if they’re to meet the announced December 18, 2015 release date. Then again, this is J.J. Abrams’ ‘Star Wars,’ and it’s likely we won’t know for sure who’s in or out of the movie until it actually screens.

Source;
http://screencrush.com/samuel-l-jackson-star-wars-episode-7-mark-hamill/