Tuesday, October 8, 2013

J.J. Abrams Is “Constantly Talking” With George Lucas About ‘Star Wars’

 When Disney bought Lucasfilm last year there was some rejoicing, based in part on the idea that new Star Wars projects might take shape away from the influence of creator George Lucas. It’s rare that a core fanbase wants to see new episodes of a storyline created without the person who gave the series in question original life, but this is Star Wars, and after the prequel trilogy it was time for some new blood.

The new blood includes, of course, director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Michael Arndt. They took up the task of making Star Wars Episode VII, working from where Lucas had left off. See, Lucas had started developing the new Star Wars film about a year before the sale of Lucasfilm. (Which was a canny strategy — it’s one thing to know that the sale included the right to make new Star Wars films, and quite another to go into it knowing a plan was already in place.)

Lucas stepped back to a consulting role after the sale, but if you thought Abrams was going to develop Episode VII without much consultation with Lucas, think again. George Lucas’ son says that the two have been “constantly talking” about Star Wars as the new film is developed.


George Lucas’ son, Jett Lucas, described the elder Lucas’ feelings about the sale as “very torn” and said that his father has created “guidelines” for Episode VII. That comes from an interview with Flicks and the City (via Mashable), where the younger Lucas also explains that his father had started developing the new film about a year before the sale to Disney.
He also said,
…yeah, as any parent watching their kid going to college would. He’s constantly talking to J.J. [Abrams, director of Episode VII]. Obviously J.J. was handpicked. He [Lucas] is there to guide, whenever, he’ll help where he can. At the same time, he wants to let it go and become its new generation.
What this means, precisely, is something we won’t see for a while. And in the end, it may be impossible to tell where Lucas’ influence on Episode VII ends and Abrams’ and others begins.
Oh, and for those super-curious about what story the new film will tell, Jett Lucas also said, ”I already know what happens [in Episode VII]… I’m happy with what’s going to happen.”

Source;
http://www.slashfilm.com/j-j-abrams-is-constantly-talking-with-george-lucas-about-star-wars/

Saturday, October 5, 2013

'Warcraft' movie slated for December 18th, 2015 release

The Warcraft movie now has a release date — December 18th, 2015. The feature film based on Blizzard's hugely popular World of Warcraft series of video games will be directed by Duncan Jones, the filmmaker behind the critically acclaimed sci-fi thrillers Moon and Source Code. Charles Leavitt, who penned the Leonardo DiCaprio political drama Blood Diamond, is writing the movie; Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures are handling financing and distribution. Warcraft's December release puts it at the end of a year that will be packed with tentpole flicks including Star Wars: Episode VIIAvengers: Age Of UltronAnt-ManJurassic World, and the Ben Affleck-as-Batman sequel to Man of Steel.

Unlike Jones' previous films, which had smaller budgets in the $35 million range, Warcraft is set to be a big, CGI-filled, blockbuster with a reported budget of more than $100 million. So far, Legendary has largely succeeded at bringing fantasy and spectacle to the big screen with hits such as 300, Inception, Man of Steel, and the Dark Knight Trilogy. Shooting is set to start early next year, but there's no official word on who'll inhabit the world of Azeroth on the big screen just yet.

Source;

Chloe Moretz Denies 'Star Wars Episode 7' Casting Rumor

Contrary to the swirling rumor, Chloe Moretz is not auditioning for "Star Wars Episode 7". It was the "Kick-Ass" actress herself who denied the suggestion that she was eying a role in the upcoming J.J. Abrams project.

"No, no rumors I don't know how they get started," she told Latino-Review. "But it would be great to be a part of it. I don't think Disney doesn't know what's really going to happen. I don't even think they cast the principle roles yet."

Actually, the rumor began brewing after Moretz, 16, posted numerous "Star Wars"-related tweets earlier this year. "Already on episode III revenge of the sith. Today was productive," she teased in one of the messages.

Unlike Moretz, Saoirse Ronan confirmed she did go for the movie's audition. She even revealed that she wielded lightsaber, but insisted she didn't read the script, "Nobody has a clue what it's about, and nobody's read the script."

She also played coy when asked about the role she's eying, "So many people I know have gone in for the part I've gone in for, and guys who've gone in for a particular part, so I'd imagine J.J. is probably just scanning the earth to find the people that he needs."

"You know what? Even if I don't get it, I had so much fun auditioning," she said on the Empire podcast, "Pretending to take out a lightsaber - out of a bag, kind of inspect it and not know what it is. That was... that was great. A lightsaber! Star Wars!"

Source;
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00064737.html

28 Months Later?

Danny Boyle has since mentioned that he'd like to direct a 3rd installment, but it won't be anytime too soon.

The often rumored sequel to the 28 Days Later franchise is still M.I.A. even though director Danny Boyle has talked about wanting to return to take on the third installment. So what's the holdup?
When are we finally going to see that sequel? In a recent interview with Wired, Danny Boyle revealed his thoughts on when that sequel could come and…it's not good.
Given what we’ve just been talking about, it’s very difficult to know whether zombies are overexposed now as a concept. So it’s 40/60 whether it happens or not. But we did have an idea of where to set it and what it might be about.
Of course Danny wouldn't reveal what that sequel idea was, but it's at least reassuring to know that they do have some sort of plan. Though, from the sounds of it, Danny doesn't seem to be chomping at the bit to get back to his quasi-zombie movie.

If there's an idea though, perhaps he'll step back again and allow someone else to take over directorial duties. It may not be in Danny Boyle's future, but that doesn't mean the project is completely dead in the water.

Source;
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/04/when-will-we-see-28-months-later/