Monday, August 12, 2013

Emperor Palpatine to return in Star Wars Episode 7?

Ian McDiarmid will reportedly reprise his role as Emperor Palpatine in JJ Abrams’ upcoming blockbuster, according to Jedi News.

The site reports: ‘An unnamed source has informed us that Ian McDiarmid is set to return to the galaxy far, far away for a part in Episode 7.

‘The specifics of the role are unclear, but it seems likely that McDiarmid will be returning to his signature role of Palpatine.

‘Whether as the original [Palpatine] or a clone of, we are yet to discern.’

McDiarmid previously told USA Today that he didn’t think Palpatine would be back in the new films.

Talking of his death in Return of the Jedi after Darth Vader threw him into the Death Star’s reactor shaft, he said: ‘I remember it well because it took about a week to get me down that chute with the wires and flying.

‘I remember saying, ‘Is he dead, George [Lucas]?’ at the time, and he said, ‘Yes, he is. Absolutely dead.”

He added: ‘I guess that means he can’t survive and do Episode 7, unless of course he’d been clever enough to clone himself. He’s certainly clever enough, but I don’t know if he had that idea or not.’

Star Wars Episode 7 is scheduled for release in 2015.

Source;
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/12/emperor-palpatine-to-return-in-star-wars-episode-7-3920416/

Friday, August 9, 2013

'Star Wars 7' News, Live Action TV Show: Lucasfilm & ABC in Talks as J.J. Abrams Preps 2015's 'Episode VII' With No Casting Announcements Yet

by John Niles

With the Disney D3 2013 Expo just around the corner, Star Wars fans can expect some big announcements in regards to Episode VII, which is due out in theaters in 2015. Some announcements might include plot reveals, casting news and concept art. Expect to see J.J. Abrams as well as producer Kathleen Kennedy making some huge announcements. But a recent meeting between ABC and Lucasfilm could also produce some announcements that don't involve the 2015 film. In fact, reports are saying that a live-action television series is in the works!

Though this is not a confirmed report, the idea is not far-fetched. For instance, Disney also owns Marvel and ABC is about to enter its first season with the new series "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." This series is obviously working off of the success of Marvel's The Avengers, which broke box office records last year.

So when you hear rumors of a possible Star Wars-themed television show coming to ABC, do not write it off as a rumor. In fact, Disney's ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee recently revealed that these meetings have in fact been going on.

"We've started conversations with them," he said. "I have an inkling in my mind, but they have a lot on their plate."

Disney also has an upcoming animated, CGI Star Wars series coming out on their Disney XD channel. "Star Wars Rebels" takes place between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, in which the "Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form."

Which project are you more excited about: Episode VII, Rebels or this live-action television series that is reportedly in the works?

Source;
http://www.mstarz.com/articles/17612/20130807/star-wars-7-news-live-action-tv-show-lucasfilm-abc.htm

Friday, August 2, 2013

Dark Horse Comic bosses planning sequel to Prometheus

This is a panel sketch from the proposed Prometheus comic from Dark Horse.
London, July 6 (ANI): Ridley Scott's blockbuster film, Prometheus, could return to the big screen after a movie boss hinted at plans for a follow-up.

Dark Horse Entertainment's founder, Mike Richardson, has revealed that he is planning for a graphic novel series sequel to the science-fiction thriller starring Michael Fassbender, the Sun reported.

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Richardson said that he and others "brewing something up" that will link together Prometheus with the Alien trilogy.

An announcement is expected by July 13.

Source;
http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2013/07/06/198-Comic-bosses-planning-sequel-to-Prometheus-.html

'Star Wars: Episode 7' Producer Promises Real Locations and Effects

by Drew Taylor

One of the overriding problems with the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy was that there was precious little in the way of actual locations or sets. Most of the time, actors would be stumbling around a giant empty green warehouse, with everything -- sets, environments, other characters -- filled in later. Now, this would have been fine had the entire thing worked convincingly, but more often than not you could feel that the actors were walking around a giant empty green warehouse, trying desperately to connect with imaginary stuff they wouldn't see until the movie was done.

Thankfully, the new trilogy, which begins with "Star Wars: Episode VII," directed by J.J. Abrams, will have more of the tactile and less of the computerized ephemeral, at least according to one of its producers.

While speaking at the Star Wars Celebration in Essen, Germany, which is basically like Comic-Con but devoted exclusively to "Star Wars," executive producer Kathleen Kennedy (pictured above with George Lucas) said that the new team of filmmakers is "looking at all the 'Star Wars' movies and getting a feel for what even some of the early films did, combining real locations and special effects -- that's something we're looking at very seriously."

Computer-generated monstrosities like Jar Jar Binks and that weird diner owner (remember that guy?) might be in short supply in the new film, too. "It's using model makers; it's using real droids; it's taking advantage of artwork that you actually can touch and feel," Kennedy explained. "And we want to do that in combination with CG effects. We figure that's what will make it real."

"We have an amazing team at ILM, who can create fantastic effects, but if we don't have a great story and characters, the effects mean nothing," Kennedy said of Industrial Light & Magic, the visual effects house started by Lucas for the first "Star Wars."

The team assembled includes director Abrams, screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, who co-wrote "Return of the Jedi" and "The Empire Strikes Back," screenwriter Michael Arndt, who wrote "Toy Story 3" and won an Oscar for "Little Miss Sunshine," and writer/producer Simon Kinberg, who was involved in this week's "Elysium" (amongst countless other things).

"I think the team we've assembled, everyone gets on so amazingly well -- it's been fantastic," Kennedy gushed.

Of course, the real test of how amazingly well everyone has been getting along will be the finished film (or at least footage from it). And that's still far, far away. "Star Wars: Episode VII" is set to hit theaters in 2015.

Source;
http://news.moviefone.com/2013/07/31/star-wars-episode-7-special-effects